Thursday, October 27, 2011

WHERE IS YOUR PAD?



        Ok, so you’re not a Writer.   Do you have any senior moments?  Have you ever forgotten something important you wanted to accomplish?   I have, yet, these days, not so much.  I’ve learned to keep a notebook, legal, pad or even a blank envelope with me throughout my day.   Yesterday, I even wrote a note to myself reminding me to make a laminated sign for a customer’s gate that prompts everyone to keep it closed, so her dog won’t get out.  

        Writing things down can be invaluable.   Most people report that with the simple act of writing something down, they remember it without the note.  That’s because the idea becomes cemented in our brains by using our visional and kinetic movements.   These days, with life assaulting our senses on every front, a pad can be a powerful weapon against absentmindedness.  

        Even the prophet Habakkuk used a pad (well maybe a scroll) in his communication with God.  In Habakkuk 2:1,2 (NLT) he states: “I will climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guard post.  There I will wait to see what the Lord says and how he will answer my complaint.  Then the Lord said to me, ‘Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others.’” 

        When Habakkuk came before God he wasn’t in a hurry.   He planned ahead of time and brought his writing materials, expecting to get an answer or insight.   Why do we need to be in a hurry when we come before omniscience?  Would we forget to bring pen and paper to class?  When we encounter the Lord God Almighty, are we prepared for revelatory knowledge?   Keep your pad close.  Don’t leave home without one.   Have a blessed day.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment